Microneedling has gained a lot of attention in recent years, but you might be wondering, what exactly is it, and what is microneedling good for? In this short guide, we’ll cover the benefits of a microneedling facial, how it works, and why you might want to consider this process as part of your health and beauty regimen.
What Is a Microneedling Facial?
In a nutshell, microneedling, also referred to as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive procedure designed to create controlled microscopic punctures, triggering the body to produce more collagen in response. This, in turn, can heal and rejuvenate skin, leading to a more vibrant, youthful appearance. A minimally invasive MedSpa procedure, microneedling is good for addressing many skin (and skin-related) concerns without a more intensive surgical approach.
What Are Some Benefits of a Microneedling Facial?
Championed by skin care experts, dermatologists, and celebrities alike, microneedling has risen significantly in popularity and efficacy over the past couple of decades. But what is microneedling good for exactly? Here are just a few of the potential benefits of this facial procedure:
- Addressing acne concerns. Microneedling can help improve acne breakouts and can even help heal the scars produced by acne.
- Reversing sun damage. As we age, our skin often begins to show the effects of damage from the sun. Microneedling can help restore more youthful skin and promote an even skin tone.
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This is a natural concern as we age, and it is one of the most important areas of what microneedling is good for. It’s also one of the major reasons that a microneedling facial is performed.
- Promoting more youthful, healthy-looking skin. Ultimately, the benefits of a microneedling facial are quite diverse. Whether individuals are hoping to address a specific skin concern or just to improve the overall look and feel of skin, microneedling can be an excellent choice.
Generally, microneedling is good for a broad range of skin types and tones. And while laser treatments may be recommended for certain conditions and results, microneedling can, in some instances, provide an affordable alternative or addition to a laser treatment regimen. The results of a microneedling facial are particularly impressive for many patients, especially over time.
What Are Some of the Major Microneedling Technologies?
Microneedling has been good for a range of skin conditions for decades, but the technologies involved in microneedling have come a long way since the procedure’s invention in 1995. Here’s a quick overview:
- LED microneedling is a preferred method that maximizes the benefits of a microneedling facial for wrinkles and fine lines. Combining light-emitting diode (LED) treatment with sterilized titanium microneedles, this treatment can also be utilized to target scarring and uneven skin tone.
- The Eclipse MicroPen® EVO represents a major advance in microneedling, and it is the latest technology in the field. The device itself is a lightweight, pen-style microneedling tool that is moved across the skin to stimulate the production of collagen that microneedling is so good for. Although multiple treatments are often recommended, results may be visible after just one session and are often more pronounced than with other microneedling technologies. Importantly, the MicroPen EVO is a medical-grade device that can only be experienced in a clinical or MedSpa setting.
Is a Microneedling Facial Good for Me?
Now that you know what a microneedling facial is, the next step is to determine whether it’s right for your specific skin goals. The best way to do this is to consult with a trusted expert in the field, who can recommend the ideal procedures for you as well as medical-grade skin care products to support the results of your microneedling procedure. Get in touch with the team at Salameh Medspa to learn more about the benefits of a microneedling facial and get started today.