Depending on what procedure you’ve had, exercising after plastic surgery is a great way to adjust and recover following your procedure. Western Kentucky is a beautiful place for nature and yoga lovers, and your post-op workout routine is a perfect excuse to get out there and explore. Here are our top Bowling Green yoga and exercise recommendations.
- If you’ve had a tummy tuck or similar procedure, take it very slowly. For the first few weeks or so, you need to choose low-impact exercise only, such as walking, tai chi, or light yoga. Your body needs ample time to recover and adjust to its new shape.
- Wear sunscreen—and lots of it. If you’ve had a skin procedure, whether it’s a chemical peel or a laser treatment, your skin will be especially sensitive afterward. Make sure you wear high SPF, medical-grade sunscreen for several weeks after your treatment. Always wear sunscreen outside no matter what!
- Adhere to your doctor’s recommendations post-surgery. This is the most important thing you can do. Even if you feel great and want to get out there and resume running, it might not be a good idea at first. Conversely, you should not settle back into a bad diet if you’ve had liposuction to lose weight. Liposuction does not prevent you from gaining all that weight back, so you need to exercise consistently and eat well to retain your beautiful new figure.
Best Outdoor Walking and Hiking Locations in Bowling Green
Walking is one of the best ways to get low-impact exercise after plastic surgery, and you can increase the intensity to inclined or long-distance hiking after your recovery. The area that surrounds Bowling Green is full of beautiful places to explore. Here are some of our favorites:
- Baker Arboretum at Downing Museum. The Baker Arboretum is built on Bowling Green’s surrounding hillside and features 600 species and 1,200 varieties of plants that are native to Western Kentucky. It’s a delight, and you can also enjoy the Joe Downing art museum adjacent to it on your visit.
- Lost River Cave and Valley Trail. You probably already know about the beautiful boat journey through the cave system, but did you know there’s also a trail looping the surrounding area? It’s low-impact and good for all skill levels.
- Mammoth Cave National Park. A half-hour drive away from Bowling Green, Mammoth Cave is one of the Midwest’s best national parks. There are so many gorgeous sights and invigorating trails here that you’ll be spoiled for choice. This is our #1 recommendation for exercising after plastic surgery. Check out alltrails.com for the best trails around here.
Best Bowling Green Yoga Studios
Yoga is another fantastic option for low-impact exercise after plastic surgery, and you can amp up the intensity and difficulty as you progress. Here are our favorite Bowling Green yoga locations.
- 4yoga incorporates mindfulness and emotional well-being into their exercises, and all students are encouraged to move at their own pace.
- Hot Yoga Bowling Green: This one is favored by Dr. Salameh himself, with a goal of uniting mind, body, and spirit.
- Harmony Therapeutic Yoga is all about making yoga accessible for any functionality. For personalized training and care, this Bowling Green yoga location is perfect.
- The Spot: Another yoga studio favored by our distinguished Dr. Salameh, The Spot is a boutique fitness studio that focuses on a balanced body.
- Strawberry Fields Yoga blends spirituality and transformation with traditional yoga techniques.
Visit Salameh Plastic Surgery for the Finest Treatment in Bowling Green
We’re invested in our patients’ happiness and health long after they have a procedure with us. Dr. Salameh puts passion and personalized care into every patient’s unique needs so you can achieve the appearance that makes you your most beautiful.
If you’re interested in enhancing your life through our procedures, please contact us today to schedule an appointment.